View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 08:23 PM
MisDixie

Well friends, my UFO challange has been derailed!
I run a word of mouth alterations and repair business out of my sewing room. Well a few months ago my little town started a facebook sight for community sales, freecycle and trade ect. So somebody was looking for someone to replace a zipper in a coat. One of my co-workers gave up my name and number.... and OhMy!! I have been getting a call or two a day. So I am a busy gal as I only do that on the weekends as I do work full time. Today I did 4 zippers in winter coats, 6 hems, zipper and repairs to a heavy set of coveralls and fixed a set of curtians. Got 4 pair of jeans to work next and 2 more winter coats on the call list. One of those zips was for DH who's been waiting on a heavy zipper for his coat. (no money there, heehee) Plus I have orders for 8 of those cute over the oven door kitchen towels.
So it seems my business is running away with itself. Half of me hopes this goes well, will help pay for the house renos, and the other halfs saying...darn I sould be finnishing up some oft those quilting projects that I want to sell. As this is sure money for now, I know the quilting will keep.
So friends, I will keep looking at your progress and when I get something of my own done, I will post.
Good luck to all,

MisDixie