Old 01-15-2012, 02:59 PM
Divokittysmom

I totally agree with cutebuns...the freebie designs can be a big heartache if you don't test them first. I trust all the BIG sites like Embroidery Library, Designs by JuJu, Molly Mine etc etc that generously give out designs to try. I haven't had issues with the 'well known', if you will,... embroidery websites. When I first began embroidering in 1998, I downloaded nearly everything I saw that I liked. I learned pretty quickly that although they may be pretty,... some digitizers needed a bit more practice,... to be as kind as I can. Not meaning to say anything against those who aren't professional digitizers just saying do a test stitch out first so you don't run the risk of possibly ruining a project. I do speak from experience. Sometimes you can look at your embroidery design in your software program and see if there are any problems with it, that helps immensely. I use Embird and 3D Studio from HV.
So happy to see so many Machine Embroiderers on here!!

Originally Posted by cutebuns View Post
Just a warning for those just starting out with the ME, the free sites can be very good but you have to be careful as some of them are done by people that don't know or just starting out doing the digitizing and don't work as well as you hope they do. So unless it is a site that you trust and or person that you trust as you have used their stuff a lot, stitch it out first on scrap or a tea towel or something to try it out. This can actually go for some of the bought designs as well, though most of them wouldn't be around for long if their designs had a lot of issues. It is easier to stitch it out again than try and take it out.