View Single Post
Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 AM
buslady

Lightbulb Dumb, Dense, or just getting old?

OK, I am about to expose myself here. Finally got my 301 cleaned up and oiled. DH did it for me. It worked great, once I cleaned all the oil off, (DH is agressive with the oil). Checked it out and left it set a day or so. Well, last night I decided to use it and got it all set up and ready to go. I got a long birds nest on the bottom. After checking it over, rethreading, all that stuff, I tried again. Birdsnest. I got checking it over and found that the little dohicky thingy (don't ya love it) that is supposed to fit up into the notch on the bobbin cover was not in its spot. I spent several minutes trying to figure out how to get it back in there. After all, it came out, shouldn't it go back in? RELUCTANTLY, I called DH to the rescue. His first question, "what makes you think it is supposed to be there?", to which I reply, "it is the sister to the FW and that is how we had to fix the FW after oiling, Do you remember". Well, after several minutes of back and forth, and repeating that phrase, "it is just like the featherweight", A big bell went off in my head. DAH, it is just like the FW, and I loosened the plate, slipped the dohicky in, tightened the plate, and wala!!!!! She sews such a beautiful stitch!!!! I think she is going to be my favorite. At least when I am using her. Cause I like my 201 when I use her, too. Now, if I could get the FW to behave herself I could get on to the other thirty some old ladies sitting around waiting their turn. Well, thanks for listening. Sometimes I can be so.......... Can't think of the word..............maybe some of you can fill in the blank!!