Old 01-16-2012, 09:43 AM
Ikesgram

Thank you all so much. I knew I could ask this board and get helpful suggestions. I have been through pre-op but have some other tests that my primary doc wants done; then hopefully I will be cleared for the 31st of January.

I live with a constant pain in my face so pain management is really important to me in the time after the surgery and so far the docs seem to be OK with letting me continue meds for the face pain and then adding what I may need Post-operatively. I really want to get back to near normal so that I can have the other knee replaced. It is in worse shape, they tell me, but the right knee hurts more now.

My daughter is a physical therapist and will not let me NOT do the exercises even though she is not my PT. After
I had my hip replaced 10 years ago, she was so helpful in answering my questions and explaining why things worked the way they did. I cannot ask her to help me but wait until she offers!! She has a busy life with her job and in being a single parent to a 14 year-old boy so sometimes she just needs to drop the PT hat--our name for it !!

Thanks again for all your good thoughts and advice.