Old 01-16-2012, 10:22 AM
fabric_lover

I've had both knees replaced and instead of home health care which was offered, I chose rehab. It was GREAT. You exercise every day, have access to machines when you are there, have 3 delicious meals you don't need to plan/cook/worry about, snacks too. Second knee replace. I couldn't get into my rehab since they had no openings till 2 days later, It gave my knee a chance to move more on the CPM machine while in bed (no walking in hospital). Only thing, once released from rehab you need to keep up w/exerises otherwise you lose movement what you have gained. If you have Advanced Health Care in your area that's a supurb #1 rated one. Before surgery you NEED to go to dentist-after replacement, you need to take meds before any dentist visit and you need to tell dentist you had knee replacement to avoid the above mentioned infections. Your dentist will prescribe med for you to take before visit. I watch knee replacement video on U-tube so I'd be more familiar w/it and read up a lot knowing what to expect. ...OH, also pre surgury they give you packet including special medicinal soap to wash with. Follow those directions to avoid infections. I chose replacements as needles only can last 2 yrs and can only work several times. Do replacements when I am "younger" and didn't need to fool around wasting so much money.

Last edited by fabric_lover; 01-16-2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling corrections and additional info.