Old 01-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Canada Kate

Default Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 4: Let There Be Light

Update #4 in the building of my sewing room - posts 1-3 are linked below.

Update #3: http://www.quiltingboard.com/mission...g-t175028.html
Update # 2:
Craft/Sewing Room - Update # 2
First Post: Craft/Sewing Room - The Before Pictures

I called this "Let There Be Light" but perhaps I should have said, "Let There Be Wiring" as that's what got done today. The picture below shows the cabinet wall, with the outlets at backsplash height. There are actually 3 outlets across this wall, but you can only see two in the photo. (When I moved into the house, which I bought new, there were all these spray painted arrows and symbols on the cement basement walls. No idea why. I often wondered why anyone would need to know which way was up on a cement basement wall, but the world needs all kinds...)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303739[/ATTACH]
The picture below shows the some of the ceiling wiring for the 6 pot lights. They will be on a dimmer switch.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]303740[/ATTACH]

There was nothing to report from Wednesday to Friday of last week as my contractor was "...just finishing up another small job". 'Cause you know how they always promise that they will only work on your job, but they actually work on others at the same time. He's indicated that mine is now the only job going on. The only hitch is that his wife is due to give birth to their second child on Friday; they already have a toddler. So he will be off for I don't know how long when the baby comes. That's OK, I knew this when I hired him. (But the waiting is killing me!)
Attached Thumbnails wiring-1.jpg   wiring-2.jpg