Old 01-16-2012, 02:46 PM
Kallie

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
On Kallie's blocks, there seems to be a fold line pressed. I'm wondering, since it is so perfect, how she did that.
And my previous question about smastbrook.net ~~ I'm not able to connect with the site, even though I have internet connections on other sites, this one comes up with an error message in IE and Firefox and on my laptop, too.
Thank You all so much for the welcome and the compliments on my blocks! I am loving seeing all the pretty blocks!

I am using quilters pattern paper from fons and porter but any type of freezer paper will work. I left the freezer paper on while stitching and re pressed it as needed. You can see the outline of the freezer paper through the fabric. I plan on leaving it on until I stitch the blocks together.

As for the question from Mim about stem stitching:

Stem stitching is one type of emboidery stitch. It is very easy to do! The link below is to a quick instruction on it. If the written one is hard to understand I am sure there are some good video tutorials on youtube that can show you and you can follow along with! I know it usually helps me. http://www.coatsandclark.com/Crafts/...tem+Stitch.htm