View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 08:57 PM
Jim's Gem

Ok, so I got a little side tracked. I had just asked you all on friday about border widths on a quilt that had been waiting for 2 years to be finished. So while I waited for inspiration and suggestions from ya'll I started a lap size charity quilt, got the blocks all done and then last night as I went to bed I thought about making a quilt for a friend, well she is the wife of our head pastor at the church my DH is working at, anyway she was very ill and spent a week in the hospital and had surgery and is now home recovering. I got a call about 9 last night about providing a meal for them for next saturday and I started thinking about maybe bringing her a quilt. So, I did not sleep well, got up this morning pulled fabrics from my stash, went to church and came home and started this quilt. It is a warm wished and I just got the top together. I am trying to decide which border fabrics I want to use. I am going to use the light print for a wide border and the purple for the binding but am trying to decide if I should add a narrow border and which one to use. I am leaning toward the very light green. I will make it a 1 to 1.5 in finished size and the wider border will be 3.5 in finished.

Choice #1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41530[/ATTACH]

The whole quilt, sorry bad lighting!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41566[/ATTACH]

Choice #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]41589[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-41530.jpe   attachment-41566.jpe   attachment-41589.jpe