Old 01-16-2012, 03:27 PM
QultingaddictUK

I had my right knee replaced last March, 2011, the best advice I had from my consultant was to try and lose weight, he says "I know it's difficult with your lack of mobility but every ounce will help" I went to my Doctor who put me on Xenical, a fat remover and went on at low fat diet and by the time I had my Op I had lost nearly 50lbs! The other thing I did was to attend a "Fall Prevention" program that is given free here in the UK and it taught me how to sit up from a bed or chair properly, boy that helped. The one thing I have a complaint about was the lack of Post Op information that I was not given, no one told me, until I saw my Physiotherapist that it takes up to a year for it to feel completley healed, what a bummer.

My best friends turned out to be ICE PACKS they helped the inflammation pain and swelling so much more than any pain killers. I put them on the knee for 20 - 30 minutes and then put on a warm pad for 20 minutes, I did this quite a few times a day as it was the one thing that really helped, the other thing was when I still have some discomfort I massage it with a small hand massager and walk my doggy every day, something I haven't been able to do since I have had her and she is now over 11 years old, so I would heartily recommend the Op but do have patience.

Last edited by QultingaddictUK; 01-16-2012 at 03:31 PM.