Thread: Worst gift??
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
pittsburgpam

I've been reading all these posts at www.motherinlawstories.com Some of them are funny, many are just crazy. I just came across one of the Worst Gift ones that said the following. Some of these ranting and raving daughters-in-law are unbelievable too.

Worst gift: My monster-in-law makes quilts to enter into shows around the country. After she is done with them, she gives them to my children as gifts. She says that she is specifically making them for my kids, but uses them for herself to win prizes. She actually gave me one as a Christmas gift last year. Apparently, she wanted to enter it in a contest. I had called her from a fabric store to see what I needed to buy to hang it on my wall. While I was at the store on the phone with her, asking her what I needed to buy to hang my quilt, she told me, "Oh yeah, I was going to ask to borrow it back to enter it in a contest." I was speechless. The great thing is that I tell my DH, and his response is that I need to stop starting with her!!!!!!