Old 01-16-2012, 05:50 PM
earthwalker
Power Poster

I am by nature a 1, but striving happily towards 2, 3 and 4. Sometimes I am prone to "paralysis by overanalysis" and being very hypercritical of myself (though not of others). I remember as a child racing home from school and saying to my stepfather, I got 95% for my English test....his response "what happened to the other 5%". Why on earth that popped into my head....ah well....I am amongst friends. I have found real joy in quilting and being a member of this board. I happily dive into piles of scraps and discarded clothing and try to give it new life in quilts. My health took a turn for the worse a few years ago and I really believe that quilting and the creativity it is unleashing is really changing my world for the better. I don't think the Quilt Police are really of the number 1 type.....as laurac said they have a whole other problem. Personally I love to look at the work of others.....sure there is a tendency to see if my stitches are as neat, or small or whatever, I just get a buzz from seeing a finished quilt, whether utility or heirloom. It's just such an expressive artform.