View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 05:36 AM
bobquilt3

Oh, do I know were you're at. Been there and it's not a fun place. Consider this a big hug and lots understanding. Hang in, babe, you can make it better.
Take it as an interesting challenge. . . the beginning of a new adventure. All your life you have been, someone's daughter, someone's wife, someone's mother, someone's caregiver and the list goes on and on. Now is the time to find Margoee. If a 15 year old daughter thinks you're great, You are Fantastic!
An empty nest can be the gift of extra time. USE IT. Never dwell on what you don't have but focus on the wonderful things in your life. You will continue to be all of the above but use that bit of extra time to find you, explore your interests, find new ones. Take a class, get books from the library, learn something new, get more into your quilting for example. I did and it helped a lot.
Check that hip and get help for it. Nothing says it can't get better. . . and remember that every problem is not age-related. 20 year olds have aches and pains, but it doesn't mean life is falling apart. Even little kids forget things.
An aging parent is difficult to accept. Your mom has been a strong, look-up-to person all your life and you just can't wrap your head around anything else. (Maybe she needs to find something interesting, too.) Unfortunately, it's just a part of your life you can't change so you just have to learn to deal with it.
Margoee, I have a birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. I was "accepting" "resigned to" living in a new decade of my life. It didn't bother me too much but I finally realized there was little enthusiasm about it. So I gave myself a good boot in the ars, took a bit of my own advise and I'm on a new adventure. I signed up for a couple of sewing classes and plan to visit great-grandbabys later this year. I've never been 80 before but it's turning out to be great fun. My family took advantage of the 3 day weekend and all 15 of them flew and drove in to help me celebrate. They came here to Pa from Washington State, Iowa, Chicago and Pittsburg and it was a total surprise. One that worked.
There have been many ups and even more downs in my life, Margoee but this year is gonna' be great and with a little luck, the 80s will be a great decade.
I ramble on and on but I do want you to know that things do get better no matter bad how they may seem at the time. Now, I didn't say life got easier but with the grace of God it will get better. :-)

Last edited by bobquilt3; 01-17-2012 at 05:39 AM.