Thread: Rag Quilt
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 11:33 AM
LivelyLady

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
I am just finishing the last of 6 quilts I made as Christmas presents. I had them all sewed together, just had to cut. So I took them back after Christmas to finish. All I have to do now is wash them. I am going to a laundromat for that. If you have not purchased your rag scissors yet, please consider getting the Heritage quilting snips (VP7). I started snipping with the Fiskars snips, and literally had blisters; not on the hand that I snipped with, but the other hand. This was because I had to use the other hand to help push the snips so that it would cut the material. I ordered the Heritage cutlery snips from Amazon. The difference is between night and day. So, I would suggest that you spend a few more dollars and get the better one. Good luck.
I agree with taking the rag quilts to the laundromat. I made 2 fuill size flannel rag quilts and took them to the laundromat and put them in seperate washing machines. One machine was ruined after, the other was ok. Whether it was from the quilt or not I don't know. It wouldn't finishing spinning and there was a mess of lint in the machine.