View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 02:37 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
I think what I love best about this thread is your story behind the quilt! The warmth of this quilt comes more from the fibers of your heart.

The quilt is WONDERFUL, I love the colors and the blue touch on the ragging is so pretty to my eye.

Be sure and tell us "The Rest of the Story" when you present this 'surprise' gift! I can't wait to hear!
I did--but it got lost in the shuffle. lol I picked her up--we stopped for some hot coffee and tea--then I dorve to the lake and parked while we looked at the water. I had just come from having lunch with my daughter so gave her the six lollipops I'd picked up for her when we visited a candy store. Then I showed her the pictures I'd gathered for her--of her kids when they were little. We chatted more. Then I made sure the drinks weren't in the way and said "Oh! I had something else for you!" She was so surprised--even before she opened it. Then she saw and--gave a little scream--and teared up. I ran out of the van to her side so I could hold it up for her to see--then I wrapped it around her front and told her it was to celebrate her new life. She was so happy. :-) Then--perfect timing--her daughter--the one I'm close to (a horse thing--and we share a birthdate) called--so she teased her mom about crying and having known about the secret gift all along.

So--yeah--sweet, very sweet.

Ragged flannel #15 is in the beginning stages. This one will be for my daughter's boyfriend's mom...