Old 01-17-2012, 05:53 PM
Sheila_H

I think charity groups should be thankful that people took the time out of their day and supplies to create a nice quilt for whoever it is going to. I agree with others that if it's a difference between someone staying warm or freezing because they have nothing that should be the focus not how it looks. I also agree that it shouldn't be falling apart after the first couple of washes.

When my MIL was going through cancer treatment and on one day when I went with her to get hooked up I saw some of the quilts the local guild had provided. One was made of a lot of very bright and wild prints that I thought wow who came up with that color scheme. And the person in the chair looked at me and said isn't it the most beautiful thing you've seen. She said she loved the colors it's so bright and cheery it's my favorite quilt in the whole room because it makes me smile, when most days I want to cry. It made me rethink how I would make a quilt for them and instead of doing something with the usual pink colors to make a quilt of bright vibrant colors. I don't know if that helps you in your decision or not.