View Single Post
Old 01-17-2012, 08:31 PM
n2scraplvr

Default "Swing Your Partner," Scrappy Mini

When I look at the quilt, I just see a dance floor with the skirts flying so that's how it got its name. I will be adding lots more rows to this to be big enough for a baby quilt. It's bound to make some baby happy with the bright colors.

I love making the TTU's (Three Triangle Units)

and for this quilt I came up with a better way. The old way of laying one block on top of another wouldn't work for this quilt because it reversed the order of the quarter square triangles in the extra set. I needed the extra one to have the dark fabric in the same position as in the first one. So how I made this quilt was by taking 2 precut 2" squares and sewing them together instead of having to deal with tiny individual HST's. Then I added my 3" scrap to the diagonal and squared the whole block up, cutting off the excess triangles. I loved doing it this way. I ended up liking the way the blocks were put on the wall and just sewed it together that way.

I love the 'cross' that showed up in the Batik purple fabric in the bottom border! It reminds me of all the Lord has done for me! I noticed it when I finished! Thank you for looking and enjoying my mini!

Attached Thumbnails best.jpg   2.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-18-2012 at 07:01 AM. Reason: removed link that didn't work