View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 06:01 AM
Highmtn

Originally Posted by deedum View Post
My dh asked me if I have whatever he needs in my sewing room, he will even call me at work to make sure he can use it before he does. Also, we have a rule, he doesn't go into my sewing room and I stay out of his garage. His rule works for me.

That's our rule too. I have 3 pairs of fabric ONLY scissors, and I keep them tucked inside my sewing cabinet. As a rule the "out of sight - out of mind" thing works well. I keep one pair of "abuse me' scissors ON the front of the fridge door in a little pot holder sleeve and he always goes for those. I have a tiny pair of German made suture removal scissors that were a gift from one of the Dr's I worked for. They are wicked sharp with a miniscule hook on the tip for picking out ONE stitch. I would indeed be FUZZED UP if someone used them for anything else.

One day my hub asked (as if it were nothing) IF he could use my Bernina 440 to sew something onto his tool belt. I felt my jaw go SLACK!! I waited many many YEARS to buy a nice machine and I felt a bit guilty how fast I barked out "NO WAY!". He looked hurt...LOL I did offer him the use of my 35 yr old Kenmore that runs like a dream, sounds like a hay baler and can sew through tin cans...lol

This is ONE FUNNY THREAD. My hub happened to be walking by just now and I read it to him...as a REMINDER...LOLOL He made a couple funny wise-guy cracks and scampered off laughing to safety...*giggling*

Last edited by Highmtn; 01-18-2012 at 06:07 AM.