View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by *QuilterWannabee*
I hear you...I rethreaded, rebobbined and still had a problem. I was using the same type of thread in both, and when I changed the bobbin thread to another - no more problem! Strange, but true, maybe? I must say - it's always an adventure! lol...this is a baby quilt, and I cannot imagine doing a bed size, complicated one. Whew, does my admiration grow and grow for what I see on the board.
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Sometimes I think it is just sheer cussedness, Quilter - anything to prevent you from being able to sew! Seriously thought, re thread everything, even if you think you already did that. And I mean right from the thread spool down to the needle. I kept doing that once, but didn't realise that my thread wasn't in between the tensions discs correctly. Are you using the same thread top and bottom? Sometimes using a different thread in the bobbin doesn't work so well when quilting. I hope you can sort it out soon, and get back to the sewing.
Told you sometimes it is sheer cussedness. Who would have thought it didn't like your choice of thread in the bobbin? There is no rhyme nor reason for these things, but I am glad you are sorted and now able to stitch again.