View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Candace

Originally Posted by quiltlady1941 View Post
Oh thank you so much Candace.... I'm happy to hear someone has this machine... or one like it... do you quilt with it and do you do FM quilting with this machine?

would you know where I could get a hoop for it and do you know what size hoop it takes... I was very excited about getting this machine, I guess if anyone looked at it they would have thought boy is that a dirty mess because it was...so sad to see machine get like that..but it did clean up pretty good.
I can not wait to get the manual that I ordered, that should help a lot..

do you know what the age is of this machine?
Yes, I quilt and still FMQ on it occasionally. It has a small throat which doesn't make it easy like the newer models, but it does a very nice job. And yes, I should have said my 9000 shares some of the same cards. The hoop and embroidery size are pretty small by today's standards. If you google you should be able to find the exact size, but I'm thinking it's only like 4" diameter stitch outs. I got one hoop with my machine and bought a second one later and it was nearly $75...but this was when they were new. You may be able to find one on ebay, used. Even if you don't buy all the extras needed for embroidery, you 'll still have a peach of a machine for $20.