View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:37 AM
jraff

Do Not Call list cannot stop charities, political calls, or businesses that have a link to you (could be a very thin link). I've questioned the Children's Leukemia lady on her truthfulness, because she always says, "we Want to thank you for your previous generous support of last year." When I say I know we haven't given, (and I could go on and on about the reasons I KNOW we didn't), she gets beligerent and starts arguing with me - nasty-like.

Before caller-ID, we picked up every call. When they asked for "Robert----", I knew they didn't know us. When they asked for "Bob------", I knew it was something he had contact with. When they asked for "Bob" it was a friend, but if they asked for "Bobby", it was one of the large Italian family. If it was a telemarketer or a robo-tele call, the minute they launched into their spiel, I'd gently lay the receiver on the counter. At least they wasted THEIR time talking to my counter.

With the new phone system -- Caller ID and other perks -- I can now block calls. I keep track and can stop a lot of those NEWSPAPER calls and Political calls.