View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:41 AM
frannella

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama View Post
I did stitch in the ditch along each side of every row plus diagonally across each direction along the seams of the 'tops' of the blocks. I used poly fil "invisible" thread (not nylon thread).
Maybe you can see the lines in my photos in
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-51705-1.htm
Great quilt! I have had the book for AGES stored on the "future projects" shelf in my sewing room. LOVE the label idea which I am going to incorporate into a baby quilt I am trying to finish. When finished, will you just applique it to the back? You said you used invisible polyester thread. May I ask the brand and what color you used--the clear or the smoke--since you have such gorgeous variation in light, medium, & dark colors--or did color even matter since you were ditch stitching and sewing along seams? My problem is that the 1900s quilt pattern I am using calls for grid stitching across the design elements of the block (8-pointed star with appliqued petals in the center of the star) and because the value of the stars and flowers is so varied, it isn't possible to come up with a neutral thread color. Am hoping invisible poly is the answer. Thanks for sharing those great pictures and for any advice.