Old 01-18-2012, 11:58 AM
Maggiemay

For some reason I lose weight better in the winter. Maybe the longer days in the summer mean more time to eat? That's always been the case for me though.

My taboo this week will be to stay off the whites- flour especially. I have been really trying to do the whole grains. My Dr. was worried about my blood sugar levels & I have to be retested the beginning of March, so I hope to lower them by then. I don't eat a huge amount of breads, but the white taboo made me a lot more aware of what I do eat. I was going to make linguini with clam sauce tonight so will have to get some whole grain pasta. I had it before years ago & didn't like it so hopefully it has improved since then!

I switched to 1% milk here several years ago & no one at my house even noticed! I am with you, Judy about the color of the fat free- no can do.

I did 2 miles on the treadmill on Mon & felt good about that. I ended up at the Dr. yesterday with bronchitis & a sinus infection so I thought I'd wait till tomorrow to walk any more. She gave me a breathing treatment (never have done that before), put me on antibiotics & an inhaler. I feel a lot better today- more energy, less coughing & breathing better.

Sounds like WW is really agreeing with you MJ. When I saw that you were only eating 1200 calories a day I thought that was low. I had success with WW. I just think I should know enough by now to do it on my own...easier said than done. And as for the support, I think this thread fits the bill for that one. I really enjoy seeing what others are doing & getting tips from everyone.

Wow Missy, what a difference! Keep up all of the hard work- you are quite an inspiration!

Last edited by Maggiemay; 01-18-2012 at 12:01 PM.