Old 01-18-2012, 04:19 PM
n2scraplvr

Cool My Half Strippy Scrappy Lappy - My Own Idea! - instructions are @ post 74

I got all 49 blocks made in Oct. but haven't decided the alternating blocks yet. Think I will use black for that. (btw, I like to see a pic of the blocks all stacked up when finished! It's a motivator for sure!) I really loved making this quilt! I have more strips than anything else and needed a solution for all those little pieces and long strips. There's lots of movement setting it on point. Sometimes I made the whole block and then halved it in order to have a duplicate and other times I used up singles doing half the block. There's no name for this block. I haven't seen anything like it anywhere and can't wait to do another to use up more strips (as soon as I finish this one). So I just call it My Half Strippy Scrappy. The block is 5" and is 48" wide right now. It either becomes horizontal or vertical depending on which way you look at it on the bed. From the top down, it's vertical. From the sides of the bed, it becomes horizontal and resembles a kite! Oh, what fun this is! Hope you enjoy seeing it like I do! Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails best.jpg   best-horizontal.jpg   3.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-25-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: per member request, add instructions to title