View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:55 PM
MaryLane

I did talk to the shop when I registered and found out they will have a couple of irons. I also found out I need to take my own sheets and pillow. Fortunately, I am meeting my aunt and she will provide those for me so that I don't have to pack them.

When I decided to go to this I bought a Singer 301 to take with me because I was waiting to find the "perfect" (for me) Featherweight. Two weeks ago I bought her, too! I am still taking the 301 because I love it so much.

As I said in my intro last month, I don't really consider myself a quilter. I worry a lot I will be awkward and out of place. I sew (and most people say well) but only started making quilts a few years ago on a constant basis.

I am OCD about some things, suffer from severe, chronic migraines. I don't do well with lots of over powering scents. No offense, but I find a lot of ladies wear them.

So, those are my worries. But, I am stepping outside of my box and trying it! I also joined a BOM at the LQS. I have to say the first night didn't go well for me but I am working on making it work for me.

UFOs...I will have to remember that. I have to be selective when packing. I have two quilts I planned to work on. One very simple and one more complex. I signed up for their mystery quilt. If I run out of stuff to do, I can buy more. Right?!? LOL

Thanks for the encouragement, ladies.