Thread: Quilt magazine?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 05:15 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

you should 'browse' the magazines available on the magazine shelves at the grocery store- and pick up one or two that appeals to you- take them home and check them out-see if they offer patterns/articles that you like/use- then next time check out a couple different ones- and choose the one or two you constantly find yourself (gravitating to)
each of us are different and have different likes/dislikes when it comes to magazines- you have to choose yourself-
i don't think anyone should say 'stay away from this one' because it may just be the one YOU love!
in the past i've subscribed to 'Fon's & Porters Love of Quilting' , Quilter's Home, Quilt Sampler, Quilter's Newsletter, McCall's Quilting, Fabric Trends, Quiltmaker, American Quilter, The Quilt Magazine...
see there are lots of great quilting magazines- there are many i've never subscribed to-
i don't subscribe to any anylonger simply because i found that they would stack up and i may not even look at them anymore- so last year i went ahead and let my subscriptions start to expire (and no i didn't get all of these at once- )
now i still stop by the mag shelves when i grocery shop to see what's new-and if something catches my eye i buy it- but i am not accumilating dozens of mags i don't do anything with- since i seldom ever make a quilt from a magazine- --
so, spend some time checking out the ones around- and then choose one or two you really like....don't worry about what ones i like- i'm pretty...A.D.D & O.C.D rolled into one