View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:34 AM
cousinpenny

Location: living in Hampton Roads area (Chesapeake, VA) originally from S Beloit, IL

What a dream place! ! ! Shelves are a great place to put a small collection of sewing related items. I am collecting the small combo pincushion/tape measure items from days gone by. Don't have a lot and have a couple small shelves that hold them near the sewing machine. Gives the MIL something to get me for the holidays.

Suggestions (or did you think about) 1.Insulating the walls better by the furnace with sound proofing? 2. Will the bifold door be covered with cork so you could make a dream board to pin things on? 3. Sliding doors for your closet that could pull out from the place you are putting shelves which could be your layout wall....they slide away to the right so you can see the fabulous fabric stored in the closet. Your guy is doing a tremendous job. I'm sure the wait is going to be worth it. I have tradesman in the family (carpenter, plumber, electrician) and grew up learning about what it takes to do a good job the right way.