Old 01-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Charlee

Thanks everyone. Nancy, yes. She had been in ill health for many years, actually. Last year had a septupal (is that the word I want? SIX artery ) cardiac bypass, and was a diabetic. She had another heart attack last month. Her husband thinks she slipped into a diabetic coma while she was napping. She was 66 years old.

Thanks for the compliments on the stool too. I almost didn't buy it because it looked so ratty, and I've never done anything like that before, but I'd really like to have one to go with each of my 50's - 60's cabinets, so thought I'd at least give it a shot. I was just going to use some fabric for it, but the SU suggested the vinyl, so we went to look...I was thinking that if it was too expensive I'd stick with the fabric I had, which is a heavier polished cotton tablecloth type stuff. With my "senior" (55 and over get a 15% discount at Hancock's every 1st and 3rd Wednesday!) the vinyl and cording cost $7, and I have more than enough vinyl left to do two more if need be! Pretty simple to do, and it turned into a fun project for the two of us to do together.