View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
KGoodhand

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I was just rummaging thru my stash and found this fabulous shiny red organza cotton that was put out this year - possibly Moda, but not sure because the selvedge isn't marked. However, it was pretty pricey and has the best feel to it. Heavy enough to quilt with but really shimmery for the holiday. Lovely red cranberry color, with a touch of cream in it so it's not too deep in color. Hard to exactly explain. The only problem is because it's a solid, I need to pair it with something with a bit of a print, preferably cream. It's such a lovely fabric I don't want the other one to say much in the square. I'm thinking of a cream I have that has holly leaves (basically a white on white in cream) in the background, and using it for the K2 blocks. Do you think it will be too boring to use to basically "solid" reading fabrics for the block? I'm thinking because the pieces are so small that it won't be significant and that the shimmer from the red will be enough...If anyone has any thoughts, I'd love to hear them. I'll try to post pix of the fabrics if I can get to it tonight.
By the sounds of things it would be fantastic! Especially since we are going for that Christmasy feel!
Kendra