Old 01-19-2012, 10:48 AM
buslady

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Buslady, I know you guys all love your 301's! That is one machine I don't have, but I hope I get one soon; anyway, why don't you get a Singer model 15, or a Japanese model 15 clone to free motion with? Those 15's are great for FM. I think some of the members on here also FM with their 201's, but I don't have a 201. I have no need for one since I love to FM on my Singer 15-88 treadle. I also have a couple Pfaff's that do great with FM along with the Davis Vertical Feed. Maybe, you should just piece with the 301? I know you 301 lovers don't yell at me - like I said I don't have a 301 yet!

Nancy
Actually, I read on here somewhere that the 301 is a good FM machine, that is why I got the foot I needed and got it running. I have a 15, and a 201. The 15 has not been cleaned up and tested yet, I bought it off someone here on the board over a year ago. So many machines, so little time. This d*&%$mn job seems to take up too much of my time. LOL I guess I have to remember that without it I wouldn't be able to buy the machines. I just keep thinking that when/if I ever get to retire I will have all these toys to keep me busy. Maybe I'll have to try out the 201 for the FM, or get DH to work on the 15. My next project was supposed to be my 66 Redeye that I put the hand crank on. Gotta love them old ladies!!!!!!!!!!!