Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM
littlebitoheaven

Default A note about "woven" fabric versus "printed" fabric

Just a bit of info regarding fabric. I just received an order of fabric (several 1/2-yard cuts. 90% are "printed" patterns. All fabrics were the same charge per yard. Just a reminder for my quilting friends. Most "woven" fabric may be used on either side as the pattern goes through to the back. With "printed" fabric, however, the back is almost blank. Whether the fabric is "printed" or not may not be as important in a quilt as it is for apparel. With apparel, the print may wear off at the elbows or the buttocks where you sit on it. Just want to remind sewers to be more diligent when choosing fabric. This also happened at my local quilt shop. Prices are going up but fabrics are being "printed" rather than "woven". I believe that the[ATTACH=CONFIG]304443[/ATTACH] quality is different and, therefore, the price should also be different. Maybe it's time to start complaining. What do you think? Would love your input. Photo below shows "woven" fabric on left versus "printed" fabric on right. Yolanda Wood River
Attached Thumbnails woven-not-woven.jpg