Thread: Discouraged
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 01:25 PM
AnotherMadQuilter

Aw-w-w..Sorry you are feeling like that. Remember, quilting is a hobby and you can do it as much or as little as YOU want. I made a few quilts and clothes when my kids were young but lost interest as I didn't have a dedicated sewing area and life is busy with 4 kids. When I got laid off from my job due to school budget cuts I took that as a cue to find other interests and within a few months I rediscovered sewing. Also, kids were leaving home so I had some space to setup a permanent area. Now I can leave everything where I left off and come back to it undisturbed so it makes it easier for me. If I had to clean up and put away everything when I was done sewing, I wouldn't sew much! Sometimes I don't quilt but make small easy projects to learn a new technique or just to be able to mindlessly enjoy my sewing with little risk or messing up-no pressure!

What frustrates you the most RIGHT NOW and makes you feel discouraged? Maybe we can help! Most of us have been there for sure! We are our own worst critics and put too much pressure on ourselves because of it. A hobby should be fun MOST of the time but all hobbies have their bad points...and the GOOD points too. Talk about pressure...With quilting we are supposed to match the darn points!