Thread: Fun and Done
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 06:38 PM
VickiM

Originally Posted by thrums View Post
Thanks for the links!

I have some finish quilt square samples that I want to make into a quilt. QAYG looks like it has the info I need.
I did a BOM & put a quilt and tablerunner together with the F&D method...they turned out great! Also made a couple tablerunners with the regular F&D method first to see if I would like it...I did. But the ruler templet is smaller than I like for squares...that's when I decided to try those BOM blocks to see if I could adapt it to the 12 1/2" squares...works great! I spray basted my squares to the batting (W&N), cut them out. Cut the backing fabric 14 1/2" & drew chalk lines in 1" all around, centered the square with batting on the lines, and went from there. Worked out really well. You can quilt anyway you want...I just stitched in the ditch. Added border same way. Here's a few pics. #1--front, #2--back, #3--another front (the back is all the same checkerboard), #4--BOM tablerunner, #5--BOM quilt. All of these are made from scraps!
Attached Thumbnails 005.jpg   006.jpg   fun-done-learning-tablerunner.jpg   uberfest-tablerunner-blocks-13-16-done-fun-done-way.jpg   quilt-done-fun-done-way.jpg  

Last edited by VickiM; 01-19-2012 at 06:51 PM.