Old 01-19-2012, 08:19 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I love my LQS. I live over an hour and a half away and she always asks if it's okay to wait on everyone else before me. Then she and I get down to business. She helps me figure out what I want to make and what choices look good together. We also visit about our lives and what's going on at home. I call her and ask her to mail me fabric and other notions and she does right away. I send her Christmas cards every year. I call her quite a bit for advice and she always has time to chit chat with me. I feel like we are very good friends. She says I'm one of her favorite customers (I don't know why) and so, of course, I always go to her shop. I have shops closer but I chose her's because of her customer friendship (I think that's what I can call it). She always gives me 15% off because I drive so far to her place. And she gives me good deals when I'm deciding if I can afford something or not. She also shows me new ways of doing things. I really appreciate that. To me, she's my best friend in the quilting world. I don't think I would be the quilter I am today if it wasn't for her. And she told me I am one of the best quilters she knows (which I don't believe for a second, but that's how she is) and I leave there feeling good about myself.