Old 01-20-2012, 06:44 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joan Wales-Dickson View Post
.... The most important consideration in purchasing a new machine is SERVICE. .....
Can't emphasize this enough! So many places send machines out for service, whereas ours has the mechanic on-site and in full view as his service area is a corner in the back corner of the store. Quick fixes or questions, he'll answer at any time. And if you're in a class and something goes wrong, he just comes right into the class ... just like roadside service to your car.

For those who have purchased their machines, you can get an appointment for one day service!! Yes, only one day without your machine, and usually, it's ready mid day. For out of-towners (like me) they'll even do it while I'm in town so I don't have to make a 2nd trip. I save that favour for when I really need it ... and usually drop it off a day or 2 in advance and just plan some other things when I don't have my machine. If not purchased at the store, you go into the queue behind the booked appointments, though I don't think they are left waiting too long.

Whether buying a car, household appliances, sewing machine etc., service plays a big part in my decision on where to shop and ultimately buy!