View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:27 AM
pigtailpat

Featherweight - question for you! - When you say you pin the backing to the sheet - **what kind of pins** are you using to pin the backing to the king sized sheet?

Are you using the same "T" pins, or, as you using regular basting pins? In other words, I am trying to get a sense of if the backing gets straight pinned all the way down to the carpet as well, or, if the pinning stops at the sheet level (via basting pins). And how far apart are your pins for the backing to the king sized sheet?

This may be a good alternative for those of us without wall space, but want to use the spray method.

Thanks!

Pat

Originally Posted by featherweight View Post
I lay a king sized sheet on my living room floor and pin into the carpet using T-pins. I then pin the backing to the sheet, spray with basting spray then lay out the batting and straighten it out and then spray and put the top on the batting. I have had very good luck doing this and the spray does not get on anything but the outside edge of the sheet.
By pinning the backing to the sheet and making sure it is very taunt, I do not get any pleats,etc.in the quilt. Hope this makes sense!!!