View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:36 PM
katier825

Originally Posted by Lori S View Post
I have a Viking 500, everytime I tried a cheaper "no- name" foot it ended up in the trash within a very short period of time. I even tried some feet made for White machines as at the time this model was being produced , Viking was making machines for White..... and no such luck ... they where off by a milimeter or two causing the needle to skim the foot.

FYI - the new Viking Walking foot as a interchangable foot on it so you can have a regular walking foot , or a stitch in the ditch walking foot. The actual foot guides come off the walking part ( if I am expaining this right). They really are a great improvement and have been around now a couple of years.
I have the new one and absolutely love it! I was lucky enough to get it when it was 40% off, which was still pricey, but I use it all the time and feel like I've already gotten my money's worth out of it. It works with the decorative stitches and you can backstitch with it also, which you can't with most. I'm not sure if it fits the 500. That would be a question for the Viking dealer or whoever you purchase it from.