View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 04:53 AM
KGoodhand

Originally Posted by Rhonda
K---A1 is all HSTs with the 4 corners being blocks that you add a triangle to one corner. I haven't done the math but if you want to do it with HSTs I could redraft so you could cut HSTs with a small template if you like. The corners could be done by cutting a small square and sewing it onto the larger square and trimming . \
If you like I could work it up for you and you could see which you would rather do template cutting or paper piecing.
I don't paper piece so templates are always my choice. I can provide the small template free. Just let me know.

Here is a link that was posted earlier by Butterflywing
There is a list of blocks you can see up close.

http://members.tripod.com/~Lisa_Jane/rowa.html

Thanks. I do not yet know how to paper piece. I would love to learn but haven't had the guts to try yet. I am looking around to see if there is a class offered nearby.
I thought the same thing about the HST. It looks like a pinwheel in the middle. It didn't look difficult. Rhonda, thanks for the offer of the templates. I have your little 1 1/2 inch template. I used it for my pinwheels on my doll quilt that went to K3N. What templates do you think I would need for A1?
Thanks for the help ladies!
Kendra