View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Fraew

Default How does something become a UFO? Starting to wonder how anything gets finished!!!

I started this "quick" and "easy" project in November to celebrate completing a UFO. 1 off the list, 1 on the list I thought.

Pattern: Summer in the Park; Missouri Star Quilt Co. video tutorial using "only" a jelly roll paired with a light fabric. Sew into tubes and rotary cut...easy right?

Strip sewing was easy. Rotary cutting was easy. Pressing...painful. Squaring them up...painful. Matching the points almost caused a heart attack! And then...I laid the pattern out on the floor and could barely even see it! What to do? What to do? Pack it up, that's what = UFO

I know, try some sashing. Shop, shop, shop some more and purchase fabulous sashing. No time to work on that now. Pack it up.

Now what for borders? Shop, shop, shop and order coordinating paisley print ...that looks hideous with the rest of it. Ugh! Pack it up.

Backing? I know. Use hideous paisley that didn't work for borders! Check.

If I could just figure out those borders, this will still be the fastest top I have ever completed!
Attached Thumbnails ufo1.jpg   ufo2.jpg   ufo3.jpg   ufo4.jpg