View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:12 AM
annesthreads

Well, here we are at 21st Jan. How many UFOs have I completed? None. How many have I worked on? None. My excuses - working on practice pieces for Leah Day's Quilt Along - the reasoning there is that I will move on to the UFOs once my stitches look a bit better. And my machine threw a tantrum, stopping me until this week, when I got it repaired -and bought a new one! So the past couple of days have been spent getting to know the new acquisition (a Janome 7700). So, again, the plan is that this machine will mean that I can finally get the pile of tops quilted - my old machine was hopeless for quilting.
Unfortunately - my list of UFOs has just doubled at a stroke, as a kind friend has just had a clear-out of her quilting stuff and has given me a wonderful assortment of kits and blocks, some of which I'll make up into tops , as they're too nice to cut up for scraps - they'll give me more FMQ practice.
Anyway, the day may soon come (maybe even today!) when I can actually get going on the pile of projects and get to know my new machine at the same time.