View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 05:56 AM
charity-crafter

I so understand. I get into scrappy moods where all I want to do is mindlessly sew my scrap strips together or make crumb blocks and when my scraps become too overwelming I can't work, I come down to my sewing room, look at my piles and go back upstairs.

Periodically I do a purge, send a note to my local freecycle group and ask if anyone wants scraps and crumbs. Most people don't understand what I'm talking about. One lady thought she'd be getting yardages -enough to make her daugher clothes.???? A friend makes beds for the local animal shelter and takes some of my really small pieces but people are finding out about her and she gets several tall kitchen trash bags or bigger a week from all the quilters in the area.

In fact I'm getting to that stage again. Anyone live in/near Montgomary County MD? I'll share my crumbs if you want to come to my house and pick up. PM me.

What do I do with my scraps? All my strips I sew into sets as wide as they are long, then I cut them into squares. And figure out what to do from there, actually once they are in a square it's easier to figure out how to use them.