Old 01-21-2012, 06:25 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Nancy, it was on a charity quilt. People are amazed I choose to put so many hours in charity quilts as so many whip them up zip, zip, zip. But, I do a lot of strip quilts and quilt them all on my 301's usually, so I don't put all those stitches on my Bernina. I usually do meandering or loops on the charity quilts and got through probably 6 bobbins of thread, just in the quilting...so lots of hours and stitching involved. I have posted photos of the strip quilts I do, but I don't take pictures of all of them as I do at least one a month....
Candace, my hat is off to you! How large are these quilts? They must be at least lap quilts! That is a lot of work. I have been doing a lot of Quilt as you Go on large lap quilts, but I have not done a larger than lap FM for some time. I have a long arm so if I am doing a queen/king sized quilt I always do it on the long arm. Before I got my long arm, I did several queen/king sized quilts with my Pfaff 1222e on the dinning room table! I really enjoyed the quilting of these large quilts, but it took me a month to get one done so I had to time them between family events so the table was free! I could never work for 10 hours straight FM quilting! I'd do a couple hours and go play then come back and do a couple hours! The reason I quit doing the large quilts was the pinning! It took me 4 hours of sitting on the floor pinning a quilt! Hard on the back! Like I said my hat is off to any of you who sit for hours free motion quilting - and those of you who pin for hours on the floor!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-21-2012 at 06:27 AM.