View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:40 PM
wildyard

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
Unfortunatly this does happen from time to time . I have sent much more than 10 bucks sending before and not heard. I don't let it interfere with my joy of giving. As I told my son one time when I gave a "begger" some money and my son became upset . "What he does with the money is between him and the creator." You know that was years ago and my son still brings that up sometimes how that moment changed him. Some times if I feel my budget will not allow I ask for the postage up front. I try not to let things like this rob my faith in good people and I am not even a "christian"
OH Gosh, I sure hope I wasn't one of the ones that forgot to reply and give thanks. I am always so incredibly thankful for the generosity of everyone here on the board, whether I am the receipient or someone else. But I must confess that I do sometimes forget things. Define sometimes as daily. Between the fibrofog and the meds I take, my best intentions often go astray. It in no way means I don't appreciate the effort and kindness behind the squishy. I always appreciate a gentle reminder that someone hasn't heard from me. Something like a good swift kick in the behind would work.
I have often read here where someone says it is only simple common courtesy to send a thankyou and to let the sender know that the package has arrived and why should the sender have to prompt to get that which is due. And although I do agree and understand the concept in a perfect world, most of us don't live in a perfect world. And many of us, like me, do have our eggs all in one basket, we just can't find where we put the dang basket.
I do make lists and try hard to be organized so I don't forget things, but then along comes a bad day or week and things get put in places never to be seen again, or come across weeks or months later. I mean who looks in the freezer for their to do list?
So I guess what I'm saying is, rather than assume someone does not appreciate your efforts, give them the benefit of the doubt and take your kindness a step further and sent a PM asking if the package was received. We will love you even more for understanding our frailties. Hugsssss and smilesss.....