Thread: Moebus Hat
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Rosyhf

Default Moebus Hat

It has been a bit chilly in sunny Florida and all I want to do is knit and search the web for the latest styles. I found this pattern.

http://catbordhi.com/patterns/anenom...en-and-adults/

I was so delighted. I have needed something for those bad hair days forever and this fit the bill so well. Go check out Cat Bordhi's utube videos to see how to cast on for the moebus hat or shawl or stuff like that. I was facinated.

I had some super wash wool, so I bought the pattern and started to kit and I knitted deligently every night until I finished the cap/hat. I love it. It feels so soft and warm and my head and ears don't hurt, like when I wear an ordinaly hat or head band. The curly cues on top look like dreds and actually make you look dressed lol. Notice the fold over at the front. I didn't do it, it does it itself as it is like a never ending circle and the needle only crossed over at on point in the begining and that's it.

This red was handy so I used it to test the waters. I am so happy with it now, that I will improvise on the dreds and use some black and muliti color yarns next so I have one to blend with what I wear.

I still need to wash and dry it in the dryer for it to plump the dreds up.
Attached Thumbnails dsc00020.jpg   dsc00021.jpg  

Last edited by Rosyhf; 01-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.