View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Maybe1day

Originally Posted by athomenow View Post
How do you know you'll be an empty nester in two years? Just because she's going to be 18 doesn't mean she's leaving the house. Ask me how I know!!!

Good Gracious Me, get a grip. I have been an empty Nester, more than once with my kids being "boomerang kids" They have both left home and returned several times. And boy did I suffer the first couple of them with worry over their health and safety. One eventually left and hasn't returned the younger one who is now 29 (my DD) has returned for the third time and told me that it is way too expensive out there and she is home to stay. Her exact words to me were - Mum I know where my bread is buttered and it is here at home so I am here to stay.

The cottage which we currently live in while we build the main house and which I had planned to turn into a bed and breakfast is now going to be rented out to her.

I guess what I am trying to say is don't worry about what might be until it actually is because we don't know what is going to happen in our lives until it does so.

Maybe1day