View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 01:54 PM
bluekrissyspikes

Originally Posted by kwilter View Post
Although I just love all your creations, just adorable, I have deep concerns about embellishments which kids can choke on - namely BUTTONS! And, of course, beads, glued-on adornments, bows, ribbons and just about anything little fingers can pull, twist, suck on, chew off or swallow. I hope you will creatively choose to make your cuties safe for the little ones who will love them.
there are no choking hazards on any of them other than the ones that are specifically for my older kids

Originally Posted by jad1044 View Post
Did you do teh puff quilt also? What size square did you start with? It is very pretty - and would love to make one.....
i started with a 3 1/2" square for the back and a 5" square for the front. pleat in the middle(just guess, don't iron) put a pin in each pleat and sew around the edge leaving about an inch and half open for turning and stuffing. not that complex just time consuming. the quilt is baby sized and has 120 'biscuits' plus border. do it while watching tv and have some extra machine needles cause you might break a couple while assembling.

Originally Posted by Grandma Tess View Post
Oh..I love the frog...My Mom and I were nuts about stuffed frogs. You did a really nice job. Could you please tell me were you got the pattern. Thanks..
the frog pattern was just copied on paper, i got it at a yardsale, it's really old. it's a beginner pattern. it starts kind of egg shaped and the arms and legs are the same top and bottom. there is a dart added to the nose and bottom to make it more 3d. the eyes are circles, just do a lose stitch around the edge and pull it tight.