Old 01-21-2012, 03:00 PM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Good afternoon, y'all. I have a new quilting dilemna. Don't you just love being my sounding board? I've decided the pattern I chose for the red quilt for my oldest daughter isn't right for the fabric I have and my budget won't allow the purchase of enough batiks right now. I have a quilt on my design wall right now that I just love. A simple Snowball and Nine Patch. When she was here Tuesday, she liked it, too. I really want a quit with a circular feeling as her life as had too many sharp points in the last few years. Losing her husband to a nasty disease and then the only house they ever lived in burning five months later was too much. The question - is this too simple a patten for a birthday quilt for my precious first born daughter? Her mantra in rebuilding has been '"Simple is better". This certainly fits that genre. The other problem is that the best match fo the center of the 9 patch is an olive green print and she hates that color, but I'll decide on that alone. Any thoughts?

My weight is stuck so I need to work a little harder on that, too. It may be all connected. Our brains and bodies are not separate entities. When one is confused then the other is, too. I think I'll run down to the the LQS and see if I can a green batik that matches, but isn't so olive because she loves batiks. 1/4 yard won't break the bank. They close early today, so I'd better scoot.

Thank you for being such good listeners. Judy
Judy did you really RUN to the shop?? or take the car?LOL If only we could run huh? Mary