Old 01-21-2012, 07:14 PM
deemail

I made one by purchasing an area rug that was larger than the panel... then i put the panel in the middle, measured and added 'borders' to make it close to the same size... then i used elmer's glue to glue to the back of the rug (elmers works fine with pressure during drying and it will pull off whenever i need to wash, which hasn't happened yet... it's a year and a half and it's fine, it doesn't really get people walking on that side... but i used all kinds of fabric covered stuff in my nursery and it pulls off, gets washed, and glued back on... works fine... ... used the same glue to put a thin woven braid over the edges (all still inside the outside shape of the rug..... when you get it glued, put lots of weight on top and let it dry for several days.... during grandchild visits, it is panel up... when they're not here, it is rug side up, under my coffee table.... the table becomes a mountain with ramps during DGC visits (those hotwheel tracks) placed at the end of the playmat side, with duct tape, which was their idea... so it's all good... do what you have to do... the backing on my rug is plenty stiff for lego buildings and cars and even an occasional tiny log cabin....