Old 01-22-2012, 06:02 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Please help me and don't shoot me. There is a charity auction next week that I am donating 2, possibly 3, vintage sewing machines to for their cause. The money raised will help with spay/neuter costs of cats and dogs for people who cannot afford the full price at at vet's office. I have already donated a very nice tall wine rack and am working on some 15 minute table runners in addition to the wine rack. I want to donate one of my Singers in a cabinet plus 1 -2 others in the bentwood boxes. My problem is that I do not have any keys for the boxes to any of the machines but I have a 66 and a 99 that I could easily donate and not even miss. Do y'all have any suggestions as to which you'd prefer to see as an auction item? Thanks in advance for any thoughts or ideas. ~ Chris
Chris you will know which one to donate! I have around 15 treadles, 9 of which are in the house with different 'jobs' to do. We all have our favorites because of the machine, cabinet, or something about where they came from. When the time comes you will know which ones you can live without! Great to see the machines go to a good cause.

Nancy