Old 01-22-2012, 06:15 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
They are crib size to lap size and yes, I spend a lot of time pinning. I hate the spray baste stuff. I pine for a long arm, but I just got my expensive Bernina less than 2 years ago so have to earn my "points" again:> We have one in college at Cal Poly SLO and another soon to be...so a long arm is going to have to wait. I'm still young enough to crawl around on the floor for a few hours. Though I do feel it when I get up! Yes, a long arm will be the dream machine and I would love to never have to pin again!

Well Candace I will soon be joining you on the floor to pin! I finished a really nice all flannel quilt a couple years ago and have not quilted it yet because of the crawling around on the floor part. I was a real smartaleck when I did this quilt (I was still learning alot and didn't realize I should not have done the embellishments yet) and added buttons, trapunto, etc., so I can not do this quilt on the long arm. Back to the floor! The problem is this quilt is another large quilt - over 100 X 100 - which will mean at least 2 hours of pinning and probably 1000 pins! I can still crawl around too, but boy do I get stiff when it is time to get up!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-22-2012 at 06:18 AM.