Old 01-22-2012, 09:00 AM
Bennett

Originally Posted by chris_quilts View Post
Ladies, Thank you all that replied. Glad I'm not getting shot. As to the bentwood cases, all came open so no need to worry about the screwdriver. I am on the fence about which cabinet machine gets to go. I may have to remove a few accessories and then the 66 can go. DH is thrilled some will be going to new home - he would like to see several cabinets go. There will be antiquers there and have the W&W #9 plus a White in a treadle also in rough shape and I just don't want to let those ladies go yet. Cannot figure out if those 2 would even bring anything in and really on a fence about them. DH and DDs would love to see the herd thinned but I want to be cautious about the thinning rather than willy-nilly. Truly, my problem is too many versus too few to choose from and I do know it's a worthwhile charity.
My vintage ladies would never go to a dump from my hands - different story about DDs and DH's hands although I think younger DD would keep a couple of the vintage ladies.
I would stick with ones that are vintage but still very usable to the average person, and make sure that they know the machines can still be used. You might be able to appeal to a larger group of bidders that way.